With cold weather here, there is nothing better than a nice hot drink to warm you up! So if you’re looking for something hot and delicious, this cranberry cider is what you need!
My Love for Cranberry Cider
With cold weather here all I can think about is what warm and delicious drinks to make, and what sweet baked goods to bake! When I’m curled up next to the fire place it’s hard to think of anything else!
This recipe is perfectly sweet and spiced, plus it is just as delicious served cold. So if you are somebody that doesn’t like hot drinks, try it over ice. It’s still amazing!
If you’re also in search of an easy and delicious baking recipe, try out my crock pot pumpkin bread. It is so moist and delicious, you’re going to love it!
How to Make Cranberry Cider
Now that I hope you are inspired to make this perfectly sweet and spiced cranberry cider, here is how you do it!
- First, fill a large 4 qt. saucepan with 3 1/2 qts of water. Add in a 12 oz. package of fresh cranberries, 4 cinnamon sticks, and 3 whole cloves.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and then turn the heat down to low and simmer for 25 minutes.
- After simmering for 25 minutes, strain out the cranberries, cinnamon sticks, and cloves.
- Then, add in 2 cups of sugar and the juice of 2 fresh oranges, or 1/4 cup of orange juice.
- As a variation I also like to add in 2 cups of apple juice. The apple juice is optional and the recipe is still delicious with or without it.
- After everything is mixed together, keep warm for serving or pour the cranberry cider into a heat resistant container to store in the fridge.
Enjoy this wonderful hot drink!
Best Cranberry Cider Recipe
- 3 1/2 qts. water
- 12 oz. bag of fresh cranberries
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 3 whole cloves
- 2 c. sugar
- 1/4 c. orange juice (or juice of 2 fresh oranges)
- 2 c. apple juice optional
- Add the water into a large 4 quart saucepan, along with the fresh cranberries, cinnamon sticks and cloves.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, and then turn the heat down to low and simmer for 25 minutes.
- If using fresh oranges, juice two oranges in a fruit juicer and set juice aside.
- Strain the cranberries, cinnamon sticks, and cloves from the mixture. Then mix in the sugar, orange juice, and apple juice (optional).
- Enjoy hot, or store in a heat resistant container in the fridge for later.