Whether you’re shopping for a succulent lover, ultimate gardener, wonderful baker, or crazy chicken lady, this list of gifts for homesteaders has it all!
No matter who you’re buying for, finding that perfect gift can be a challenge. I know that I always struggle with finding the perfect gift. Maybe it’s not even possible, but I try!
So my hope in making this list is to help out others who are shopping for homesteaders. We all need something to spark some interest so hopefully you find a great idea!
If you know someone who loves chickens, gardening, or baking, this list will make your gift buying a breeze! If you also need some inspiration for the homesteader’s kids, check out 10 Great Gifts for Farm Kids!
Gifts for Chicken Lovers
1. Fresh Eggs Daily – Fresh Eggs Daily is a great book about raising happy, healthy chickens, all naturally. I got this book for Christmas a few years back and I absolutely love it! When I have a concern about my chickens, I open up this book and I always find an answer which is why it is a must have for anyone raising chickens!
2. Chickens: Naturally Raising A Sustainable Flock, 2nd Edition – This is a book that is on my Christmas wish list! I’ve heard great things and have seen that it’s been rated as an Amazon best seller ebook. The author Maat van Uitert is an internationally-recognized backyard chicken expert. So this book of hers has all of the best credible advice on raising chickens.
3. Sloggers Waterproof Rain and Garden Boot – These are my all time favorite garden boots. I got a pair last Christmas and I have wore them so much I’m asking for another pair this year. The current pair I have has held up great and are not even close to being worn out, but I just want a clean pair! I have bad knees and a sore back constantly so I am always cautious of the shoes I wear. But these boots are super comfortable and are not cold like typical rubber boots. Even after hours of work in my garden and around the chicken coop, I have no issues.
4. Harris Farms Coated Wire Egg Basket – This large egg basket holds up to 6 dozen large chicken eggs and so it is perfect for any chicken keeper with a small or large flock. I have this basket and I love it. The wire is coated so it protects the eggs from cracking and I am able to put it right into the sink to wash eggs without any worry of getting it wet.
5. Women’s Original Rooster Apron – This is the perfect apron for any girl who loves chickens and spends time in the kitchen. It is unique, super cute, and covered with roosters!
Gifts for Gardeners
1. High-Yield Vegetable Gardening – This is a great book that I am constantly learning from. It teaches you everything about how to grow a high producing garden no matter what size space you have. The book includes all of the best practices of gardening such as when to plant seeds or transplants during all seasons. How to take advantage of succession planting, and why it’s important. As well as how to practice crop rotation, and which plants it is crucial for.
2. Gardening Tool Set – This gardening set includes EZ-cut pruners, lightweight aluminum tools with soft rubber handles. Bamboo gloves, an ergonomic garden tote, and high density comfort knee pads. This set is great because it has so many important tools all included. Plus since it comes with a bag, the tools will all stay organized.
3. Succulents (Idiots Guide) – This is a wonderful book for any level of gardener. Whether you are a succulent expert of not, this book has great information. It gives all the tips on caring for succulents. How to pair succulents with other types of succulents. How to create succulent projects. A listing of 100 different types of succulents with the care for each of them, and much more!
4. Bonsai Jack Pumice – You’re probably seeing pumice and thinking “why would I give somebody pumice for Christmas?” But the pumice and the next item down, coconut coir, are the two items needed to make perfect homemade succulent soil. Anybody who struggles with growing succulents can easily make this mix. Most importantly, if somebody’s succulents are struggling, it is likely from a poor draining soil, so the homemade succulent soil will be the perfect solution.
5. Compressed Coconut Coir Brick – This is the second ingredient needed to make the perfect homemade succulent soil. If you click on the link “perfect homemade succulent soil,” it will take you to my post on everything you need to know about making homemade succulent soil. A perfect gift basket could be both ingredients plus a print out of how to make the homemade succulent soil. It would be extremely useful, plus a fun and unique project.
6. WILD PIXY Fairy Garden Accessories Kit – A Fairy garden is a super cute addition to any succulent or flower garden. If you’re buying for somebody with kids it is an especially great gift. The children will love helping to set up the fairy garden, plus checking on it daily! The kit includes a miniature house and figurine set for girls, boys, and adults. Along with magical glow in the dark pebbles and solar LED lights.
7. Indoor Herb Garden Starter Kit – This is a really fun idea for any gardener, or non-gardener. Fresh herbs are the best, and even more so when they are in your kitchen window. The starter kit includes organic, non GMO herb seeds. The seed varieties include basil, thyme, parsley, and cilantro. Along with potting soil, pots, and scissors.
Gifts for Bakers
1. Farmhouse Chicken Apron – Every baker needs an apron! And if the baker you know is also a chicken lover then this apron will be a favorite. The apron features chickens, chicken foot prints, hearts, and polka dots in red and tan.
2. Farm Life Hostess Apron – This is the perfect apron for any homesteader, or farm life loving lady. It is plain, yet unique and stylish with a hemline that contains pigs, sheep, roosters, and cows.
3. The Pioneer Woman Cooks: Food from My Frontier Cookbook – I own every Pioneer Woman cook book and this is one of my favorites! Within this cookbook the Pioneer Woman has recipes for delicious, soul-satisfying, cowboy-approved comfort food that the whole family will enjoy. If this is a cookbook that is already owned, consider any of her cookbooks though because they are all great!
4. The Pioneer Woman Mason Storage Jar Lids – I just recently bought these mason storage jar lids and I love them! They seem like such a simple thing but they are wonderful. I make homemade ranch weekly and so now I can have an easy to clean lid to add on to any regular mouth canning jar. A great idea for these mason storage jar lids would be for stocking stuffers.
5. Five-Quart Dutch Oven – I absolutely love dutch ovens! They are so great and durable which is why I own three of them! This Pioneer Woman dutch oven is just adorable, and so it would be a great addition to anybody’s kitchen. It is safe on the stovetop as well as in the oven which is why it’s perfect for anything you are cooking.
Enjoy Buying Gifts For Homesteaders
I hope that this list will be helpful for all who read it. Buying gifts for homesteaders can be difficult especially if you aren’t one yourself.
So I hope you are inspired and have found that perfect gift for the chicken, garden, and baking lovers!